Watch Video OR Jump to Step-by-Step Instructions
Ask an Expert
Ask an Expert is an important part of the OSU outreach effort. In this video, you’ll learn how to find your Ask an Expert data on the eXtension site and wherein DM to track it. Track your AaE activities as “service” in DM. It will print in the annual activity report.
STEP 1: Access your data in Ask an Expert:
- Go to this link: https://ask.extension.org/expert/questions A live link to this site has been copied into the text version of this training file.
- Find your name in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Access the pull-down, and select “My Dashboard.”
- Beside “Your Monthly Activity,” find “View your metrics,” and double-click.
- You’ll find your participation metrics. These can be copied and pasted into Excel if you wish to calculate totals, percentages, etc.
STEP 2: Create a very short paragraph – 2 sentences should do it!
STEP 3: Enter in Digital Measures
- Open “Institutional Service” under the Service section of the landing page.
- In the “Institution” or “Level of Service” field, choose “College.”
- In “Committee Name,” enter Ask an Expert (just like that, all written out).
- Choose the “Position/Role” “Respondent.”
- Enter your very short paragraph into the Brief Description.